Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some Cravings are TOO weird

Well, apparently I have one of those cravings. In my pregnancies, I don't crave weird combinations (like pickles and ice cream) or anything like that, but I do have very strong desires for certain products, some of which I may not have even eaten in a long time. During both pregnancies I have craved IBC root beer, Reeses Puffs cereal and a variety of desserts.

Well, during this pregnancy I have had a strange craving.... Spree. As in the candy. As in crunchy, fruity, slightly tart yumminess. Not really weird, right? WRONG! They are really hard to find in the store! I had no luck with Wal Mart, Target, Kroger, or HEB. checked by the registers, I checked the candy aisles and I even checked the Halloween sections.... NADA. I have been looking for weeks and could only find them at the Exxon by our house where I paid double the normal cost for a little relief from my constant craving.

Well, not anymore my friends! I found them while looking for another obscure grocery item (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers...still haven't found these) at Big Lots! I NEVER go to Big Lots, but it was worth it to walk in and see beautiful boxes of Spree lining the shelf.... SCORE!! Well, I thought I would show you guys a visual representation of what happens when you finally find something that you've been looking for and you aren't sure when you'll find it again~

That's right, you buy EVERY SINGLE BOX THEY ARE SELLING! (Plus two rolls for good measure ;-) These are the movie theater sized boxes, so they are quite large.... but still I couldn't resist stocking up while I had the chance. So I wanted to share this with you so that we could all learn an important lesson.... Never give up on your dreams. Keep pursuing what you are looking for and you will eventually find it. And when you do find it, buy a ton so that you don't have to search for it again :P

post signature

10 comments:

Never Enough Food said...

HAHAHA. I love it!

Kelli said...

That is awesome!

Jana said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see you went all out - none of this one box stuff. Cause that would just be ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

OH i think the $ store sells them (ummm...maybe the dollar general?) -- but those sounds really good right now...maybe you are initiating a craving over here? :) -- liz dammel

Anonymous said...

I never heard of them...and now I'm really curious and will be looking for them everywhere I go!
Gran

dad said...

You really should be writing inspirational stories for daily devotionals. I feel uplifted.

Abby said...

well, it's good to have a skill :P

Amy said...

And here I was worried that I didn't know what to get you for Christmas :)

annalee said...

i ate an entire roll of sprees on her road trip home last night. today i woke up with the worst sugar hangover headache ever. it was well worth it for sprees though.

Me said...

another good place to look is Walgreens or CVS. Those places tend to have some of the more obscure candy . . . although I didn't think Sprees were obscure! Anyway, glad you found a bunch to have a stockpile!