Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me...."


Nate and I went to the grocery store on Sunday and what to my wondering eye should appear? GIRL SCOUTS. I think we all have the same reaction when we see girl scouts.... we think of responsibility, leadership, skills..... oh forget it, we think of COOKIES!!! I adore Girl Scout Cookies! Although not made by girl scouts (or of girl scouts, in case you were confused) they are perhaps the tastiest treat known to man. Ok, maybe not, but they are so much a fabric of my life since childhood that when I see those stands set up in front of the store my mind automatically leaps to Thin Mints and Trefoils.

Our trip to the store yielded a solitary box of Lemonades, a new variety with shortbread cookies dipped in lemon icing. A quick survey of coworkers to find my cookie dealer for the year yielded 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 2 boxes of Trefoils (shortbread). One coworker, in hearing my slight desperation to locate some Thin Mints, brought over a whole unopened box that she had in her possession and gave it to me saying that she didn't really like them anyway. I find it sick that she could dislike thin mints, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with free cookies. I also have no idea where she produced those from, but I figured this was a don't ask, don't tell type situation :)

Tally (so far)-

Lemonades - 1
Trefoils - 2
Thin Mints - 3

Girl Scout cookies + College Basketball = March is the best month ever :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

So today as I was putting one of my kids in the car her mom let me know she found me on facebook and added me as a friend. I immediately thought of you and your scanning applicants. I updated my profile tonight :)