Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tag, you're it....

This is the newest craze pulsing through the first baptist blog network and I would like to point out that the fact that I have now been tagged proves how massively cool I am. I know, no surprise to you :P Here's how it works~

"Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post telling 6 weird things about them self... as well as clearly state the rules. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Also, leave a comment on thier blog telling them that they have been tagged."

1) Eating Habits ~ I have several weirdnesses that fall into this category but I'll just give you two.... 1. I get freaked out by foods with certain textures and it makes me start to gag. For instance, even though I like the taste I have a heard time getting through an entire serving of oatmeal, yogurt, or eating a whole banana. I suppose this hurts my chances of making my fortune on Fear Factor. 2. I eat things in a certain order. No matter what I am eating, I always alternate the side of my mouth that I am chewing on with the first and last bites always being on the right side. I also save the best (aka, saltiest Wheat thin, most sugary Fruit Loop, bite with most pepperoni, what have you) bite for last. In the case of gummy bears, I will empty the entire package out and make sure all the colors are even (eating the excess) and then I will take one of all 5 colors at a time and eat the green, clear and orange on my right side, alternated with the red and yellow on my left. (I eat the flavors I like more on the right side) This approach also applies to Fruit Loops and fruit snacks. I'm pretty smooth about it though, most people don't notice unless I tell them.

2)Overpasses are sexy ~ I've always had a thing for overpasses, particularly direct connectors that all come together in one location, aka the I-10/BW8 interchange. My favorite is the newly constructed "High 5" interchange in Dallas... yes, I have a favorite :) This love of direct connectors is one of the main reasons I chose Civil Engineering and then eventually transportation engineering. My mom used to drive me on some of the ramps as a treat :)

3)Paper Snob ~ It's true, I ADORE paper. I attribute the escalation of this obsession to my job in high school at a specialty paper store in the Dallas Galleria where I got to design, print, and assemble high end invites for the Dallas elite. I knew that one of the most expensive (proportionally) things in our wedding would be the invites because cheap paper makes me cringe. On a different note, I am also a book snob. I read ALOT and instead of taking advantage of Half Price books, I buy all my books new at Barnes and Noble... why? Because the smell of new books is one of my favorite of all time... maybe even better then fresh cut grass :)

4)Turn Indicator ~ Instead of saying "blinker" or "signal", I call it a "turn indicator". I'm pretty sure this is the technical term, but I have been made fun of to no end by multiple people through various stages of life for using this term. I can't seem to break the habit, but in truth I have no desire to. To me, blinkers are what you put on in an emergency or on the side of the road and a signal is the correct term for what you might know as a traffic light. Turns out I may be a vernacular snob too :P

5)The Mexican in me ~ Sometimes when I am talking to Nate, I slip into a Mexican accent and will continue talking in it for up to half an hour. The thing is that when I do this accent, it isn't a regular Mexican accent... I sound like a dirty old Mexican man trying to hit on you. Anyways, it's good family fun.

6) Freckle power ~ A lot of people don't notice because they don't think of me as fair skinned, but I have a lot of freckles. It has been proven that 89% of the pigment on my shoulders is comprised of freckles. I actually have two favorite freckles, one is the top of my right ring finger near the nail and the other is on the top of my right foot close to my toes. Don't worry... I haven't named them :)

I hereby tag Erin VanV, Jen Lewis, Jen Cates, Steph, Leslie, and Liz.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I knew it was coming! But I agree, we've hit a new level of coolness ;)

Anonymous said...

I've known you for a long time and some of this is still new for me...but I can't say it was neccesarily surprising :) I love that you are openly quirky and that you have a wit to match.