Thursday, February 15, 2007

Calling All Gentlemen.....

Ok, so the guys at my office..... sooooo not gentlemen!!! Not the guys that I work with, but the guys on the other floors. This morning, one of them waited in his car in the garage until I was walking up the the door. He got out and beat me to the door by a few seconds. Instead of swiping his card (even though he was closer to the sensor), however, he stood back and waited for me to swipe mine. Ok, whatever. So I swipe my card and to my surprise and horror, the guy waits for me to walk over to the door (that he is now closer to) and open it..... for him. I sincerely hope that this guy is not a native Texan because that would be an absolute disgrace!

Granted, I went to a Christian school for high school, but when I was in school the guys would run ahead from behind us in order to be there in time to open doors for us. I don't think I ever opened a door myself when any boy from my high school was within 20 ft of it. They would never get in line in front of us or anything like that. Ug, people need to learn manners again and learn how to treat women like ladies. It isn't old fashioned... we like it!! Anyways, this guy proceeded to make me get the elevator (even though he was there first). I'm sure his wife opens all her own car doors (even though he was there first :).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Seriously... show some gentlemanlike qualities and you soar in our books! I was riding with a guy the other night, and he came around and opened the car door for me then closed it before walking to his side. Winner! It's SO simple and it TOTALLY gets us every time!

Jen Lewis said...

So, this morning I was walking into the law school and thought of your post. I was 100 yards from the door (give or take) when the guy in front of me got to it... He looked back and saw me and decided to hold it for me... Which is oh so sweet and I am thankful... But when I am that far away, I feel the need to run so he doesn't have to wait 5 minutes for me to get there... But then the guy feels bad for making the girl run... So sometimes the door holding, while ALWAYS welcome... can get a little complicated. Good thing it was FREEZING this morning and I didn't mind running!