Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Happennings

Just a blurb, Yesterday as I was driving home on 45 I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and a guy in the right hand lane had a bit of a problem... in true Tommy Boy style, his hood had flown up and covered his windshield. He got to the shoulder without dying and I think i'm filing this away in the things-i'll-never-forget-seeing file along with the time I saw a guy drive away from a gas pump with the handle still in his car which ended in gas spewing everywhere and I'm sure some sort of legal battle :)

2 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

True story: My dad's hood flew up and covered and cracked his windshield one time on 75 in Dallas. My mother was with him... Well I called my mom about 2 minutes later... purely coincidental and I asked her what she was doing... She said "Holding up dad's rearview mirror so we can drive home." I said "what?!?!" And she proceeded to explain that the hood had flown up, cracked the windshield, and broken the rearview off... My dad got all the way over by looking through the little slot at the bottom where he could still see out... He then used brute force to pry the hood back down and latch it... Though bent up from the force... And they were just driving home... My mom is calm as can be as she reenacts the story... Meanwhile I am so freaked out... Maybe it was not as bad as it sounds, but it is doubtful... Either way, she was calm enough to pick up her cell phone and talk to me 2 minutes after the fact...

Abby said...

sheesh... I'm pretty sure that I would be forever freaked out by that experience. I mean, every time I would get on the highway, I would tense up just waitign for my car to attack me again :P