Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good food.... no matter what :)

So one of the aspects of married life that I have had fun with is being able to cook normal meals a couple of times a week. This week I made crawfish etoufee and in the past couple of weeks I've made anything from spaghetti to jambalaya. It is very satisfying to find out that you are good at something that you figured would have more of a learning curve. I only got to make one meal this week, the reason for this leads me into part two of this blog which I title, the best food "week" (really 8 days) ever :)

Three meals make this the best food "week" ever. I will cheat a little and go back to the office lunch I had last Thursday that served as a joint b-day lunch for me and a guy whose b-day was at the end of January. We went to Pappadeaux and I got blackened Mahi Mahi with crawfish etoufee and dirty rice (fabulous). Tonight, for Valentines Day... and because we had a gift card :), Nate and I are going to Americas (both of our first times :) and I am super pumped. On Friday, we are celebrating my b-day early by going to the Melting Pot... talk about the icing on food week!

A p.s. from the last post, I had a weird thing I remembered this morning that I thought deserved a spot, so here is oddity number 7. It drives me nuts when people have their windshield wipers on higher than they need to be. I am constantly adjusting mine to get them to the right speed for the current conditions. Now, this is a weirdness in that it doesn't just bother me if they're on too high when I'm in the car.. If I can see that the car in front or behind me while I am driving has them on too high, it bothers me just as much. If mine are on higher than someone around me then I always reevaluate whether mine need to be slowed down. Anyways, I have enough weirdnesses to do one a day for quite awhile, so I will cut it off there :)

No comments: