Friday, February 23, 2007

What have I gotten myself into?

I realized recently that I have gotten into the habit of blogging every weekday....CRUD. Now it's Friday and I'm tapped and tired :P OH, I GOT IT!! I'll tell you about the Wheel of Willer. A truly inspired addition to our office constructed yesterday by yours truly although it is the brain child of Josh, my coworker.

We have a boss, his name is Darrin Willer. Well, about a year ago Darrin began working in El Paso alot. He then added DC and Kansas City to his regular list of destinations. At this point, between meetings here in Houston and travel, Darrin is never here. We actually joke that we don't know him anymore by never using his real name. He is now Darrel, Darnell or Danielle Miller, Wilner and so forth. The way our offices are situated, every underling's cube is pretty much infront of somebody who is important which basically makes us their secretary. In my case,

~"Hey Abby, where is LeAnne?"
~"I'm not sure"
~"Well, do you know when she'll be back?"
~"Uh, no"
~"Ok, well can you call me when she gets back?"

So, Josh is Darrin's secretary and with Darrin never being here, he has to answer a lot of questions. Hence the creation of (drumroll) The Wheel of Willer! The wheel has three different levels. The biggest circle is "I am in" with sections for El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, DC, Kansas City and Other. The second circle is "I will return on" Monday, tues, wed, thurs, fri and... other :). The innermost circle is "I am" in training, in a meeting, at an organization, none of your business, on vacation, and.. other :) Anyhoo, we made it yesterday so when Darrin gets back from El Paso on Monday (where he has a meeting... or so the wheel told me) we'll see his reaction to our masterpiece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant...worthy of Dilbert. I am currently identifying, valuing, dating(time and place) everything we have purchased since moving overseas as per our government's request, who is, shall we say, a little persnickety. Wish I could use such a wheel for inventory...it's gotta be more fun than how I'm doing it.

Abby said...

Boo to that! Make sure you take off whatever Nate and I smuggle back for you :)