Friday, February 09, 2007

Top 10

I was thinking about it last night and decided to make a list of the top ten things that it would be nice to have your parents still pay for. Funny how when you were a kid, every cent you earned could go towards clothes and entertainment....

10) Vacations- Hotels, rental cars, it adds up! Although I can't complain... with my parents becoming ex-pats I've been blessed in the vacation realm :)
9) Clothes- Anybody miss back to school shopping?
8) Food- I could do so many more fun things with that money
7) Appliances- It's shiny and I can appreciate that... it also costs $100 to deliver it, gulp
6) Repairs- Whether it's your car or your home, it's so much less traumatic if the bill is sent elsewhere
5) Taxes- Curse my income and the fact that the IRS can claim as much as they do!
4) Rent/Mortgage- Remember when "home" was free (to you)?
3) Electric Bill- Run that AC!!
2) Insurance- I'm sorry, how much is my warm fuzzy going to cost me this year?
1) Medical stuff- deductible, schmeductible... not my problem :)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Man, you are on a roll with the blog posts! you're my blogging hero:)

Jen said...

But you don't pay your electric bill! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to recover from the shock of being required to pay for all that stuff.

Abby said...

Ah, the life you chose so that you could have the joy of me... and the pain of Ben :)