Friday, May 11, 2007

Ode to my mother


Sunday, as you all undoubtedly know from the way the advertising media has been pushing it down your throats for the last month, is mother's day. My family has never been huge on mother's day. We would get cards, but we never really did presents or went out to eat or anything. Well, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you all that I quite possibly have the coolest mother out there and here is why~

~ She puts up with me (major points)
~ She is a prayer warrior and hears God's voice in a way that I've never seen anyone else hear it
~ When I am anxious or freaking out about something, she always knows how to calm me down and speak God's truth to me about the situation
~ She is a really fun person to hang out with. I think my brother helped her develop an even bigger sense of humor... it was a necessity to surviving teenage Ben.
~ She shops at Ann Taylor (Loft) with me
~ She is selfless and generous
~ She is hardworking and intelligent
~ She is kind and patient
~ She is super cool and for some reason thinks I am super cool
And the list goes on.....

Happy Mother's Day mom, God picked a good one for me :) Oh, and I am pleased as punch that you are back in Houston.... why don't we try staying here for awhile, shall we? :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...this is quite possibly the best Mother's day gift ever! (I just hope that the Lord sees some measure of the person you described when He looks at my heart.)I am so gratified to know that you feel like I am a good mother to you since I have always seen motherhood as a very high calling. Love you!