Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Real life... sometimes it ain't pretty

In December of 2005, I was rear-ended hard enough to completely total my car and send my forehead flying into the steering wheel. Ever since then, I have been experiencing things that I never had before.... motion sickness, chronic headaches, and very sensitive hearing. Well I went to see a doctor about the headaches yesterday as they have been getting worse and it is official... I have migraines. Maybe I should write to you about something more whimsical, but this is what is on my mind and sometimes a blog is just a good place to let it all out.

Yesterday I had my second migraine of the week (the first was a sunday/monday special) and it was a doosey. I had a harder time falling asleep, as I usually do when I have a migraine, but then it woke me up in the middle of the night and wouldn't let me get back to sleep. After an hour of this I finally broke down and took some Excedrin migraine and went back to bed waiting for it to work, which it does a decent percent of the time but not always. 15 minutes later, before it kicked in, the nausea became overwhelming and I had the opportunity to revisit my dinner at 2 am... an experience that I could have passed on, thank you very much. The good news is that after 2 hours of lost sleep, the headache allowed me to return to sleep and I woke up headache free. Please pray that I stay headache free at least for today since I really need some rest and this cycle is just taking it out of me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the migraines. I will pray about them. Your aunt Melinda gets them too, so it might not be accident related.

Liz said...

Sorry Abby! I hope you get some more rest this week. I inherited migraines from my mom, too, so there's another thought that maybe yours aren't from your accident!

Anonymous said...

And so did your grandfather...and Sonya has had migraines since she was little. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having them, too, and hope you find something to relieve them.

Abby said...

Thanks guys :) I don't honestly care where they came from. Alls I know is they started after the accident so they are possibly related. When it comes down to it though, I just want them to go away :P

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I can recommend a doctor that helped me with those symptoms after my concussion. He is in Austin but has been such a blessing. Just let me know if you want his info.