Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mail Call

This is a two part blog because two blog worthy things happened to me yesterday.... aren't you lucky :)

1) We had our monthly office lunch yesterday. Here is a quote for your amusement~

HR Rep- "I wanted to remind everybody about the comment/ suggestion box in the printer room. We are planning on adding one to the 290 office as well. Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions.... it is still anonymous, you don't have to include your name."

Office Leader- "That's true, although if you don't include your name then it is difficult for us to offer you a response."

HR Rep- "True. Basically if you don't put your name on it then we can't and won't do anything to address it. You don't HAVE to put your name, but you won't get a response and we won't do anything about it if you don't"

Ok, i'm sorry.... which part of this is anonymous?

2) I received a pile of mail yesterday from December/January of this year. Around 10 items in all that had been correctly addressed to me or Nate at our condo and had somehow gotten lost in the mail forwarding pit that is my life. In all fairness, there are three people (Mike, Clay and Dan) who are forwarding from our address and I am forwarding to it. Still, I can't figure out how Nate's mail got held for 4 months. They all came back with yellow labels that said "No Forwarding Found, Return to Sender" Or in this case, return to recipient. We also got a call from Jeff yesterday saying that my Reliant bill had been forwarded to him. Ok, I don't even want to know how that happened :P

p.s.- Grandma, we finally got your check yesterday. Don't worry, I shredded it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Abby...I figured it was lost somewhere, but am glad to hear that the USPS did deliver it...finally! Now I can delete it from my Quicken!

Anonymous said...

Abby...
We had to pay 40 euros to have our mail forwarded 1 mile in Paris. Do you think we will get better service? :)