Thursday, November 08, 2007

Beware the Hungover Man

Sooooo, i've been in training the past two days at work (hence the lack of blog-spiration.. Jen :P) The training was to teach us a software called Geopak. On the first day of training, I did most of the work in the program for the pair I was in just because it was easier for me to use the mouse from where I was sitting. It wasn't too bad once I learned to tune out the incessant Houston rodeo/hunting/when I was in the army stories told by my partner. It was even better once I started ignoring his comments about things I would understand when I got older.

Anyhoo, today my partner shows up and the first thing he says to me is that he is SOOOOOO hungover. (from a Wednesday) While I am processing this, the instructor comes in and tells us that the person who did less yesterday should "drive" today. Hmmm, sooooooo... we're letting the hungover man drive? Fantastic. Basically the first two hours of my day went something like this...

me- "He's asking you to open the file."
him- "huh?"
me- "You need to open the file."
him- "What file?"
me- Pointing directly at the screen.."that one"
him- Blank stare

2 minutes and 3 random pauses later he gets the file open. Anyhoo, he was so slow I almost jumped out of my skin. When the instructor asked if we were ready for the next step, I had to stop myself from telling him that due to my partner's current state of sobriety, we would be consistently 5 minutes behind the other groups. I'm so glad I don't drink.... it was just sad watching him today.

3 comments:

Steph said...

He sounds like a dreamboat of a coworker...

Abby said...

haha, luckily he works in a different office P

Sarah D said...

That's crazy about the hung-over dude! But Geopak is fun! Well, at least I *think* it is... I've had only a rudimentary on-the-job intro to it. We're working on getting me more training for it.