Friday, November 30, 2007

Package acceptance service

In addition to my roles as wife and engineer, I have decided to add the position of person you can send your packages to so that your spouse doesn't see what you got them. For some reason, this week I was contacted multiple times to play this role. I absolutely don't mind doing it at all.... I know how hard it can be to surprise a spouse. If you are single then I want you to step into a married role for a second so you can fully understand the challenges....

~ You live with this person so----> You cannot have things mailed to the house that come in any packaging that might give away the contents.... that's if they don't just see a package on the front door and open in anyway. You also have to forbid your spouse to look in certain closets or enter certain rooms where said goods are being stashed.

~ You more than likely have only one credit card so-----> You must forbid the person to look at the charges until they are no longer on the active statement which may cause you to track your budget that month in creative ways. You may be saying, just use a check! Well, now the banks scan every check you use so that you can remember where you spent money and there will be a copy of the check in the checkbook which you probably share.

Anyhoo, it gets a little hairy. Because of that I am currently open for business as girl who accepts your spouses packages. My current clients include my dad and my next door neighbor.... and I've only been open for a week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad, huh?

Abby said...

Yup, he had the brand new power washer he bought you delivered to my place... oh wait... you already have one of those :P