Sunday, November 04, 2007

I'm too old for this


Nate and I went to a concert last night... I FINALLY saw Yellowcard live!!! It was so incredibly worth the wait and lived up to every expectation that I had. They were AWESOME and I sang every word of every song that they played at the top of my lungs right along with them. We traded our general admission tickets with some girls that had the assigned seating upstairs in the Verizon Wireless Theater... they wanted to be on the floor and we wanted to be able to sit :) They had front row tickets for the balcony and the view was fantastic.


I was getting pumped when the band that was on before YC came on stage. I knew we were in trouble immediately. Ummmmm, I'm sorry... can someone turn the volume down?? If we could put it just a notch below earsplitting, that'd be great... thanks :) I am now convinced that in order to be a music lover, you must be willing to sacrifice your sense of hearing to the concert gods. While I was excited about Yellowcard, I was not willing to lay down this most valuable sense for the likes of Shiny Toy Guns. So Nate and I made my momma proud and stuffed napkin bits in our ears until they took the edge off. We were still able to hear the band, we just avoided finding out what it is like to have your ears bleed. We took them out prior to YC and my boys didn't let me down... I never once wondered whether my eardrums were gonna explode :P

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, man! I bet that was a great concert! I'm glad yall went to it!

Sarah D said...

I went to a Yellowcard/Mae concert at A&M once, and it was definitley loud. My ears were ringing for a few hours afterwards. But it was definitely fun!