Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Christmas Hypocracy

A few things before I start~

1) This post is not even close to as controversial as the title would imply.
2) I probably don't have the right to be outraged at this, but there you go.
3) I am part of the problem.

Ok, here's the deal... some background info. I finished my Christmas shopping a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to wrap them. I went to Target and they didn't have their paper out yet. I have to admit, I was frustrated. I went to the Container Store and bought paper a few days later and began wrapping. I was one roll short so I went back to Target 3 days after Halloween and they only had out half of their Christmas stuff... I was mad!! I ended up buying some Christmas dish towels and other items.

Ok, fast forward. I noticed something this weekend.. all of the shopping centers are totally decked out for Christmas. I mean, giant wreaths, ornaments and banners proclaiming "Happy Holidays!!" and it isn't just one place. I went to Meyerland, Uptown and the MarqE and every single one is decorated full on.. I mean, really?? C'mon people!! I realize this might sound a little hypocritical from the girl who wanted wrapping paper on November 1st, but allow me to point out the subtle difference. Sure, I have already wrapped all my gifts and I have bought decorations and towels and so on and so forth... BUT, I'm not putting them out right now. I'm just planning ahead so that I don't have to go shopping later with the maddening crowds... I very much dislike Christmas crowds. So, although I have no right to be angry, I have to say that it is certifiably INSANE to put up Christmas decorations on November 1st! Phew, and there it is :)

3 comments:

AyDubb said...

I have to admit...it irks me to no end too...especially when places like Hobby Lobby have their Halloween stuff on aisle 1 and the Christmas stuff on aisle 2. At this rate, we'll be buying our Christmas decorations in July.

Anonymous said...

There now. Don't you feel better?

Abby said...

:P You need to be nice to me or you may not get your already wrapped present!