Monday, November 05, 2007

Fall Back

It's official.... I am anti daylight savings time. That's right folks. I would rather wake up in the dark and then have some (if even only a little) bit of remaining light after I get home from work than how it is now. It totally depresses me to wake up and experience only 10 minutes of daylight as I drive to work and then to come home experiencing 10 more minutes from the safety of my driver's seat only to have it be almost dark when I get home. If I ruled the world, there would be no more daylight savings. I mean, what are we saving the daylight for anyhow?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I think you are pro-daylight savings time and anti-Central Standard Time (the time we are on now till sometime in the Spring). It's the CST that has you driving home in the dark (this time of year you would be driving to work in the dark regardless). By the way, I like CST, but I like short days (and cooler weather).

Anonymous said...

I prefer DST because, like Abby, I much prefer to get up in the dark and have light later in the day. In case anyone is taking a poll:)

Abby said...

I'm taking a poll, and I'm winning :P

Laurie said...

I'm glad your dad mentioned it. You are pro-Daylight Saving Time. The time we're in right now is the actual time (Daylight Saving Time ENDS in the Fall). Every Spring we set our clocks forward so as to "save" daylight. So basically what you're saying is that you don't like things the way they were originally created to be. ;)

Abby said...

Yeah, I'm ok with that. What can I say? I just really really dislike feeling like I'm spending every single naturally lit hour in front of a computer.... it's depressing :P

Mrs. Klink said...

i hate the time change too!! i like going to work in the dark as i enjoy being one of the few on the roadways that early. now that it is "light" outside when i leave, everyone is getting out earlier, there are more cars on the freeways and my commute has increased from 30 minutes --> ~50 minutes!