Monday, November 12, 2007

One cup, Two cup, Red cup, Blue cup


I'm glad I have a blog so that nobody can stone me when I say this......


Why are Starbucks red cups such a big deal? It is amazing to me how much joy rings out among the throng because Starbucks has different cups. Does the coffee still cost an arm in a leg when it comes in a red cup? Does it somehow taste better? Does the cup turn everything you put into it into gold? And why have so many people allowed the marketing department at the 'Bucks to decide when they should "officially kick off the holiday season" just by changing the color of the cup? I have a lot of friends who have said the previous statement declaring with exuberant joy that they are ready for the holidays now that they can clutch 5 dollars of coffee in a RED cup instead of a cream cup. There are quite a few things I "miss" not being a coffee drinker, but I'm pretty happy to leave everyone else to this insanity :P

7 comments:

AyDubb said...

...been wondering the same thing myself...

Tabaitha said...

it's a big deal mainly to starbucks. their marketing team did a great job because the littlest change in the color of their cups gets noticed. they make those kind of remarks and then people ask why the big deal...it's good publicity for starbucks, win or lose.

Mrs. Klink said...

did you already get christmas wrapping paper? Target now has a few to choose from...I bought some last night- of the glittery, sparkly variety!

Laurie said...

Oh Abby...I'm so sorry for you.
;)

Abby said...

Em, I have everythign wrapped already... It's truly a sickness :P I did buy some little boxes from Target though that are SO CUTE!!

Ulovebeth said...

I really want the little red cup ornaments, but I honestly prefer the white cups w/ green, but I think all of us should promote the Christmas color of red symbolizing the blood of Jesus whenever we can. See? Starbucks IS religious. ;) okay, maybe I'm making this up.

Jen said...

Aw, the red cups just make me cheery. And for the record, my non-fat no whip cinnamon dolche is only $3.66, not $5 ;) And I only go on Sundays.
And this will make you happy- I'm off to the last Beth Moore of the semester.