Thursday, November 01, 2007

me vs. my desk... round 4

Soooo, I walked into work today and headed towards my desk. I pulled my yogurt out of my bag and prepared to eat my breakfast. I pulled my chair into my desk, began to cross my legs and.... WHAM!! I smacked my knee. You see, under my desk is one of those swing out keyboard platforms that is on a track.... a metal track.....a metal track that hangs about 1 inch lower than the top of my knee when I cross my legs. Today constituted the 20-30th time I banged my knee on that thing in only 4 short days of working at that desk. I was (understandably) afraid that the track would continue it's reign of terror if nothing was done to prevent it from doing so. So I did the only thing I could do. I called a handyman to come and rip that thing OUT! HA! Take THAT, weird track thingy! Anyway, I've decided to celebrate small victories, so there you go :)

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

I used to do that all the time... then I moved to a new office. :-) And all was well with the world! (It is a most annoying occurance, though, I agree with you wholeheartedly.)