Monday, February 01, 2010

38 Weeks!

Ahhhhhh!!! I made it to February!!! WOO HOO! February is a significant month in my fam (my b-day, Ben's b-day, my Grandpa's b-day), it is SUCH a fun month to have a girl (hello heart themed parties!), it inspired a Foo Fighters song (February Stars), and it is the most difficult month to be born in! (Aka- it's the shortest month ;-) When I first learned of Elizabeth's existence, I was SO excited that she was due in February! Then I found out about the full moon at the end of January and I figured I might have to give up on my February dreams.... not so! Not only that, if I can hold on throughout today at least, I won't even have to miss February Bunco!

Can you tell I'm excited?

No seriously, I spent all yesterday counting down the hours until February and praying for God to allow the pregnancy to go until at least 12:01 am.... I mean, I was soooo close. I'd hate to miss it :)

Now I have a confession..... as I write this, I am seriously hoping I get to post it. You see, Micah makes blogging quite the challenge. I realized awhile ago that the best way for me to blog was to write it the night before and set it to post in the morning. That's right, as I write this I still have 8 hours til February.. oh please, oh please!! I hate to tell you this since now you all know that I do not compose and post such fantastic works of wit and insight all before 7:05 am... sorry to shatter my mystique ;-)

Anyhoo, as of today Elizabeth is the size of a watermelon (and she will stay watermelony til we get to meet her :) and is likely between 18 and 22 inches long and 6.25 and 7.5 pounds. If she were born today, she would share her lovely February birthday with National Freedom Day (which seems incredibly appropriate ;-) and National Baked Alaska Day!
Signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both sound good to me, but she'll have to hurry. It's already noon!
Gran