Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gun Shy

I have to say, it has been hard for me to think of anything to write about besides Elizabeth's impending arrival. I'm sure you guys have noticed that there has been a significant drop off of non-baby blog material. This is due to several factors.... We don't leave Katy anymore so I have nothing going on to tell you about, I like to craft on the floor and I can no longer sit on the floor and reach supplies in front of me :P, and the labor looming in the future basically takes up all the space I have in my head. Anyhoo.. sorry!! I promise I will work on being more interesting after she gets here :)

Anyhoo, the title of this post refers to a very interesting phenomenon that I am experiencing right now. The more pregnant I get, the less I feel like I am allowed to call anyone. Everyone I call answers in a very excited and expectant tone and then when they find out I'm not in labor, they are disappointed. Even my mom can't call her friends without getting the same response! It's funny cause I will sit here and analyze before I call or text ANYONE and decide whether what I have to say is important enough to send them on an emotional roller coaster... about 92% of the time the answer is no :) I'm looking forward to being able to make THE call!

Should THE call come today, Lizzie would share her birthday with Umbrella Day... weird ;-)

Signature

5 comments:

Jana said...

Hey, umbrella day is way better than toothache day. I'm glad you made it past yesterday.

By the way, where do you find this list of ridiculous holidays? When I send the junior high girls birthday cards I want to include a fun fact like that, but can't seem to find the site you are using...

allaboutcade said...

umbrella day is kinda cute:) see you at lunch! just fyi- when my mom was pregnant with me she went and had lunch with her friends...and after she left her water broke! soooo...today could be the day;)

Rebecca said...

today would be a great day for her to come...my daughter nadia was born one year a go today :)

Abby said...

Jana- I actually use two sites that overlap but provide me with more than either one by itself.. http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/index.htm and http://homeschooling.about.com/od/fundaycalendars/Holiday_Calendar_Celebrate_Special_Days_Every_Month.htm Hope that helps!

Devon said...

This is so true! Before my daughter was born every time I called my mom she would ask if I was in labor. :) Hope everything goes well for you.