Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Way to my Heart

is through my stomach. I've never understood why that statement was always applied exclusively to guys... in my family, it is pretty much universal :) That is why I now have an even more special love for all of my sweet friends. You see, labor is no picnic and recovery isn't particularly fun, but the good news is that these things get you a ticket..... on the free food train :)

We have had meals coming to us every other day since we got home with Lizzie and they have been such a huge blessing! Not only does it mean that we are taken care of and I don't have to cook, the meals have been absolutely delicious! I am getting new recipes out of it and tons of new ideas on salads :) While we were thankful for the meals brought to us after Micah's birth, I don't remember being nearly as overwhelmed by gratefulness as I am this time. I think it's because we have Micah AND a newborn this time and it makes the idea of trying to go grocery shopping on a big trip very daunting.

Anyways, just thought I would take a second and give a shout out to all my girls who have brought or are bringing a meal to us. Firstly, I just want you to know that it has been SUCH a blessing to us and has ministered to us immensely. Secondly, I wanted to say that you guys sure can cook! Thirdly, thank you for not being grossed out by the messiness of my house right now.. it is what it is :P Fourthly, NEVER doubt the impact that such a practical thing can have in someone's life.. thank you for being willing to serve and I can't wait to return the favor!

As a bit of a side note, I use this blog to document our life as a family and as such I just wanted to mention that it snowed yesterday in Katy for the second time this winter.... craziness :)

Signature

No comments: