Friday, February 12, 2010

Somebody to Love

I love this little girl so much already that it almost hurts :) I love her beautiful chubby cheeks, her "I'm not sure I trust you yet" expressions, her amazing ability to stay asleep no matter what you do to try to wake her.... she's such a gift from God and I adore her! Thanks to everyone for the super sweet comments and emails... they have been making me smile all day! Thanks especially for your prayers....God was so faithful and gracious to us in his timing and every single detail of Lizzie's arrival! The only cause I have for sadness is that Micah is not allowed up here to meet her (stupid flu season :P) and I miss him desperately... I'm totally going to sneak downstairs tomorrow and see the little man :)

Anyhoo, a couple of cool things you may not have known/caught about Elizabeth's birthday~

~ It was Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, White T-Shirt Day, AND Make a Friend Day... I love them all... so great for a newborn!

~ My grandpa was born on Feb 4th, Lizzie's birthday is the 11th... exactly one week after his. My birthday is the 18th (exactly a week after her's) and my brother's birthday is the 25th (exactly a week after mine). I love it! I feel like my family officially owns February now!

Gotta go... my battery is dying, I'm too lazy to go get the charger and Nate is asleep (I'm on my 4th wind and it's feeling good... I predict multiple naps in my future :) I'll type at you later!


Signature

8 comments:

dad said...

I sure enjoyed getting to hold Lizzie yesterday. FYI, Micah went down for bed pretty well last night and was sleeping soundly this morning when I left for and returned from my run and when I left for work. Having him stay at our house is a bit like inviting a tornado to move in....A fun tornado, but a tornado none the less.

Never Enough Food said...

Adorable! I love the hat :)

Anonymous said...

ugh...she is so adorable, abby! love the pictures! -- liz dammel

Tabaitha said...

That is the cutest little cap! Glad everyone is doing well. What a great early Valentine's Present!

annalee said...

love that sweet face already! the birthdays are too cool. i'm a little partial to february myself, so glad you two are both feb. girls too:)

Jenny said...

Abby, she's beautiful. I think I've said that already, but there it is again. And the knitted cap is precious.

Rebecca said...

congratulations! elizabeth is beautiful! and how fun to have all those birthdays in february. in my family it's march :)

The Goods said...

where did you get the ADORABLE hat? She is so precious!