Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Couldn't Wait Another Day

The holidays are a great time of year, and I enjoy alot of the things that come along with them... what I don't enjoy is the utter lack of spare time! I have been chipping away at Micah's room decor recently and I have to say, it's looking good! It isn't done, but I love the direction it's going. I've been DYING to paint some canvases to hang on Micah's walls and due to the holidays and then Bunco, I just didn't have the time. Well, I finally got to do them this afternoon and I am a huge fan! It turns out waiting so long to make them helped me come up with a new concept for them.. they are so different than what I originally imagined~

This is my incredible amateur way of paying homage to Andy Warhol, who I doubt ever used ric-rac in his art :P The canvases are each about 14 inches square and these babies are going to hang over Micah's bed where he will no doubt remove them from the wall daily :) Once I get them up, I'll be fairly close to finishing Micah's room at which time I can post a picture of it's awesomeness for all to enjoy :) It is seriously my favorite room in the house now... I can't help but smile every time I go in!

Signature

5 comments:

Mom said...

So cute- now the question is, how easy is the bric-a-brac to remove? 'Cause you know Micah will have hours each day in which to try;-)

Anonymous said...

I love it...will be eager to see the finished room!
Gran

Tabaitha said...

You are super creative! You should make a business out of this. I would buy your work.

annalee said...

you've done it again! LOVE them.

Kelli said...

UHHHHH I want to craft with you so bad..... I am DYING for a new craft and don't have one!!!!