Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Nest

I SOOOOOO wish I had traditional nesting urges. I wish I was compulsively cleaning and that my house was spotless and that, like my mother, I felt like cleaning the window frames with a toothbrush. Um, yeah but that's not how I roll :P

My nesting involves more money and does nothing to make my house more presentable. That's right my friends, instead of cleaning, I craft.... obsessively....unceasingly.... sometimes even unconsciously. So last Thursday, I spent several hours cranking out these babies and I have to say... LOVE THEM!


I decided to go a more colorful route than I had originally planned and I'm so glad I did! Something I really, really realized during this project is that Elizabeth has a LONG name.... seriously, it's long :P
Anyhoo, that was the last thing I had on my crafting agenda and now I'm a little worried.... what am I going to do this week?! I'm thinking about maybe getting some felt at Hobby Lobby and start trying to make some really cute hair clips for Lizzie.... Ooooo, speaking of which, she'll need a bow holder... SWEET! Project!! I know I'm sad, but I need SOMETHING to keep me busy until she gets here and what better way to fill Micah's nap time than by producing mounds of crafty goodness? Um yeah, don't answer that ;-)





Signature

4 comments:

Mom said...

The whole toothbrush/windowsill incident was when Jesse was 4 months old. He was such an easy baby and Dad was working the night shift. I was bored, broke and had to find a quiet activity. However, I remember cleaning behind the fridge right before you were born:)

Anonymous said...

I have hung my "Christmas blocks" on my little tree, and I love them!
Gran

APage said...

You're hillarious and I LOVE all your crafts! They have turned out WONDERFULLY! Where did you get your ideas? And do you have any patterns or ideas for the hairbows? I'm still looking for some ideas so that I can make some for Lacey and she's already 3 months old!!! I'm MISSING OUT on precious moments and pictures that she could have pretty hairbows in;)I'm so excited for Elizabeth's arrival, it's getting SO CLOSE!

Megan Bennett said...

Adorable! Your crafts are precious. I love seeing them on your blog. Hope all is well.