Thursday, January 07, 2010

The Reason I'm Freezin

Ok, here's the deal.... I'm cheap. Well, selectively cheap.. but I won't get into that :P Point is, I knew at the beginning of this pregnancy that I would have to invest in a few more maternity items since Micah was born in July (I miss my maternity sun dresses.... they were awesome) and Lizzie is due in February. Trying not to overdo it, I bought two very thin sweaters, a heavier sweater "coat" and a long sleeved shirt from the Gap figuring between those and cardigans / zip up sweater I already owned, I could layer and be just fine... WRONG!

It has been a very atypical winter for Houston this year in that it got cold in November and it has stayed cold.... totally unheard of! Well, during November and December I figured the weather was a fluke and would soon warm up. I made due with adding scarves and wearing coats open (since they wouldn't button) and always being a little bit to moderately cold. As I sit here, looking back on my stupidity, I am dreading the 21 degrees it will be in Houston tomorrow. Of course, it took me so long to believe the weather was going to stay, that now I am only a month or so from my due date and it would be a waste to buy cold weather clothes now! Hmmm, maybe I just won't go outside for the next month ;-)

Signature

3 comments:

Jill G. said...

I completely understand! I was the same way about my October baby..."I don't need any fall maternity clothes, it stays hot in Houston until December." I, too, was WRONG and ended up buying a long-sleeved shirt in my 37th week. I just couldn't do without it, even for a couple of weeks. Remember you can wear maternity clothes AFTER the baby is born, too. :)

Amy said...

Just by yourself a SNUGGIE and be done with it - pregnant or non-pregnant it's the perfect one-size-fits all solution.

Abby said...

Thanks for the laugh Amy :) Can you imagine trying to drive or grocery shop while wearing a Snuggie? goodness