Thursday, January 21, 2010

Prayer

I have several friends that are truly prayer warriors. They are the types that ask what they can pray for you and you have no doubt that they are praying for you repeatedly throughout the week. These girls have been so sweet this week with one even calling me just to see how I was feeling, to ask me how she could pray and to offer to do my grocery shopping for me :) Anyway, a lot of people have been asking how they can pray as Elizabeth's arrival gets closer. I thought I would post a list of prayer requests that I have for the next couple of weeks because I simply can't imagine having too much prayer :)

~ I have been having trouble with assuming my labor will be super easy, realizing it might not be and then going to the other extreme of being really anxious about it. Please pray that I will find a middle ground of being realistic about the labor without allowing myself to be anxious about it. I want to be where I was before Micah was born when I was resting in the Lord.

~ We are praying for a safe delivery that is free of complications. We pray for God's hand in allowing the labor to occur naturally, without interventions or c-section.

~ We are praying that Elizabeth would be born healthy with every system functioning properly.

~ We pray that, unlike her brother :), Elizabeth will nurse well in this early stage of her life.

~ With Micah's delivery, I immediately started slipping into shock after he was born.. you should see the pictures, not cute :P Please pray that the Lord would protect me from this and that the things we learned last time it happened would help us to prevent it from going as far as it did last time if indeed it does occur again.

~ While I was fine in the hospital, the first couple of days after I got home with Micah, I suffered from the worst baby blues my mom had ever seen. The depression was intense and I lost my appetite completely. Please pray for God's protection during those days against discouragement, negative thoughts and depression. Also pray that I will be able to eat... I couldn't for several weeks after Micah and lived on mostly Ensure shakes.

That's about it :) On an ending note, if Lizzie was born today, she would have her birthday on National Hugging Day and Squirrel Appreciation Day.

Signature

6 comments:

Ben the brother said...

We'll be praying. Can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about squirrel appreciation day, but I love National Hugging Day:)
And I will be praying.
Gran

dad said...

On it.

Anonymous said...

Definitely praying for you and Lizzie!

annalee said...

can't stop thinking about miss lizzie's arrival! just said a prayer for your girl and these things.

Kelli said...

Thank you for a list of specific prayer requests! God knew what you wanted when I asked him to see in your heart, but it helps to be able to get straight to the point! Especially praying for the baby blues. I feel a huge tugging at my heart to pray for that for you. Know it is covered.

PS - Lizzie, squirrel appreciation day would have been so cool. That is all.