Friday, July 27, 2007

Blah

Ladies and Gentlemen, the forecast for the next 9 days. I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to Aug 2nd when the chance of rain dips crazy low to 30% :P I was watching the news though and I thought I'd give you all a silver lining (sorta) to look for in all the rain. We are getting drenched because the jet stream is hanging extremely low and it is trapping rain directly over us. Once the jet stream moves, the way all of the pressure systems will be will essentially paint a bulls eye on the Gulf of Mexico for hurricanes. They are saying now that the likelihood of an East coast hurricane is dramatically lower than usual and almost non-existent, while weather patterns have been perfected for a line of Gulf-loving hurricanes. Sooooo, as long as the rain stays, the hurricanes stay away. I am personally praying for a very rainy August and September to compliment our June and July although I have to say that this might be the worst summer ever for getting married in Texas... The wedding I went to last week in Dallas involved getting rained on and I can count on one hand the number of times it rained in Dallas in July the whole time I was growing up there.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Noooo, don't say things like that!! I REFUSE to have any hurricanes during my honeymoon!!! Maybe I need to start doing some anti-hurricane dances... They're similar to rain dances, only there is more flailing involved. :P

Abby said...

haha, you'll have to demonstrate that for me the next time I see you :)