Thursday, July 12, 2007

Houston Project

For those of you not familiar with Houston Project, it is a VBS program that our church runs in the evening one week out of every July. We go to churches that are in the rougher areas of our city and we put on the VBS for the kids. I think there are 9 or so sites, but don't quote me on that :) We feed them and sing with them, and teach them about the love of Christ. This year has been amazing! Nate and I are the directors for the 9 yr old VBS class and we have two other couples who are in there teaching with us as well. Our class is primarily made up of perfect little angels (seriously) with one or two exceptions every night.

Part of this whole experience is the feltboard. Using a feltboard with felt pieces, we tell the kids the story of creation, the fall, Jesus' death and our salvation every night. Well, we've gotten some interesting questions (and answers) in this process and here are a few of my favorites.

"Miss Cat, where do babies come from?"

Wes- "After God created the light, what did he make next?"
Kid 1- "Michael Jackson!"
Wes- "No, not Michael Jackson."
Kid 2- "LEMONS!!!"

Wes- "After God created all that, what day was it?"
Kid 3- "APRIL!"
Nate- "Uh, no...."
Kid 3- "May?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out earlier :) Although, I am sad to report that if you come here for the marathon I will be long gone...I'm moving back to Tejas at the end of Sep. and to some foreign country sometime thereafter. I am excited to hear about all of the ways that God is using you and Nate, so I will keep stalking you via your blog to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me.