Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Like Riding a Bike...

So it is with living alone :P You know how they say you never forget how to ride a bike? It's true, but only mostly. When you haven't ridden a bike in a long time, you tend to be shaky and uncertain and maybe just a little bit fearful.... and that finds us back at my life :)

Nate is in Russia for the next week and a half (he left Monday and gets back next Thursday) and I really don't like not having him around. I am ok, besides being a little lonely, chilling on my own when I get home from work but when I start my bedtime routine everything goes to you-know-where. It freaks me out to take a shower at night without him in the condo cause, let's face it, when are you the most vulnerable? Hmmm, let's see... no clothes, wet, and can't see anything coming at you from further than 4 ft away (2 ft for me... our shower section of our bathroom is really small :) that's right my friends...the shower. I mean, did Psycho teach us nothing? I've never actually seen the movie because then I would never be able to take another shower regardless of whether Nate is in town. No showers would, I fear, have an adverse reaction on my social life not to mention my self esteem and I also do not desire to start smelling like the guy in the cube across from mine.... (ewww)

Anyhoo, I am improving at getting over the fear that grips me at night (not only in the shower) already with God's help. I am praying for peace and rest and God has been graciously granting it to me. I figure I should have mastered the art of living alone again just in time for Nate's return....when I won't need it anymore :)

Go figure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always a little anxious the first couple of nights on my own on the rare occasions when your mom is out of town without me. It's pretty irrational (I don't think she affords me a lot of protection), but it happens anyway.