Thursday, July 19, 2007

Little Pleasures

Confession - I was going to my dentist yesterday (who is out west) and I left a little early from work knowing that there is no ramp btwn the Beltway south and I-10 West and that I would need to take Briarforest to get to her office. I was driving along the Beltway, minding my own business, adjusting my windshield wipers from high to off and everywhere in between with the ever changing Houston rain, and what should I see before me as I approach I-10? People driving, WAAAAAAAY up in the air. Hmmm, but all the ramps are closed, I said to myself. I got a little closer and, yup... definitely coming from my direction and going to the right... could it be? Could I be so lucky? I WAS!!! Not only did this save me time, it made me inexplicably happy! They finished the ramp way ahead of schedule and I got to drive a shiny, new direct connector adorned from side to side with virgin, un-oil-stained, concrete. Woo Hoo!! I grinned like an idiot and laughed the whole time I was on it... I kid you not :) Life must be difficult for people who aren't easily amused :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, life is truly sweeter for those of us who manage to remain simple-minded.

Mrs. Klink said...

that is definitely the best htown news in a while. i am looking forward to this!!