Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Ode to the Silber Tunnel.

I used to be stranded, one way to get out.
When you opened up, you removed all my doubt.
You said, "Drive on me and I'll take you to places,
I promise you to lessen your paces."
So I hopped aboard and hoped for the best,
and I have to say that you withstood the test.
~
In case you are unfamiliar with the Silber tunnel, let me enlighten you. The lovely Texas Department of Transportation saw fit to add a ramp / tunnel from the service road east of Silber that connects to I-10 East. WELL, they put the entrance in just the right spot so that I could get right on it from the condo even with our proximity to Post Oak and am I ever grateful. As much as I adored the 4 extra long stoplights I used to have to go through to get to 610, I am more than willing to dump them in lieu of an I-10 to 45 route that is, get this, FREE OF STOPLIGHTS!! That's right folks, my drive to work now has exactly zero, that's a big 0, stoplights. Thank you Silber tunnel, thank you :)

No comments: