Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1 down, 423 to go :)

Ok, so I went into a meeting yesterday and I was the first to arrive. Just as I am sitting down, an older lady who I don't work with very often came in, looked at me and said "Oh, are you pregnant?". Haha, I froze. It was so out of nowhere. Anyway, we sat there and discussed due dates and number of kids I wanted and which gender I preferred all while other people were coming into the meeting and..... nobody else noticed. I even wore an outfit yesterday that made it painfully obvious in an attempt to out myself. Well, 1 down, the rest of the company to go :P Unfortunately, the woman who asked isn't the type to spread it around so her knowing isn't exactly going to speed things up :)

On another note, I walked into work today directly behind another of those "there's absolutely no way you were raised in the South" guys. He grabbed the door and I waited as he let the guy infront of him enter the office, he then glanced back at me (waiting a foot behind him) and just as I started to move (no weird hesitation or anything on my part), he cut me off and ducked inside in front of me and let go of the door. I made it inside after utilizing my quick reflexes, but seriously? I mean, you are going to duck in the door right infront of a girl and not even hold it from the other side? The guys I went to high school with never would have let that happen. They used to run ahead of us to get to the door first so that we never had to open it ourselves if at all possible... totally not kidding. Dang Yankees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

422 to go. :)
i can casually walk by your cube and ask to touch your stomach every now and then. i mean, it would definitely start a rumor...just not necessarily the "right" one.