Thursday, February 07, 2008

Freaky times

Here is something interesting...... in two days time, the widest part of my belly increased in size by 1 inch around. 2 days..... 1 inch. And I measured at the same time of night too (it makes a big difference what time of day it is because eating dinner makes it bigger). Can you imagine if I kept going at that rate? I've got 170 something days to go.... you do the math :P

So I am still holding out on telling my coworkers that I am pregnant. I don't really care if they know at this point and it would certainly make a lot of conversations easier! (Reference me trying to explain yesterday why I wasn't going to Happy Hour with them) But now I feel as though I am in a bit of an experiment. My goal? To measure how long it takes for people who don't know me that well to notice and then feel comfortable asking me if I am pregnant. It's a pity really that I don't have different groups to test this on. Perhaps a group that knows me well but doesn't know yet and then of course a control group filled with strangers :) I predict that by the end of February people here will know and have asked me. If I make it further than that, not only will I be shocked, it is also very likely that I will break down and just tell them so that I can start wearing whatever I want and not worrying about it :P

No comments: