Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Growth Chart

Side note- Nate left me a card and Valentine's Nerds in my car today, so I am currently crunching on those and feeling the love :)

What is happening with your baby?

Your baby is preparing himself/herself for a growth spurt over the next several weeks. Your baby's head is more erect now than it has been in the previous weeks of pregnancy. His/her ears and eyes are situated in their final positions. These three things are giving your baby a more "normal" appearance than he/she has had up to this point.
Several of the more complicated body systems are also beginning to function including your child's urinary and circulatory system. Your baby's heart pumps around 25 quarts of blood per day. However, by week 40 this amount will increase to 1,900 quarts per day!

How big is your baby?

By the end of week 16, your baby is approximately 6 inches and weighs 2 1/2 ounces.


Ok, so I am going to put the new baby size at about a potato. At the same time, I think a potato would weigh more than that. Ah ha! I've got it!!! Your baby is now the size (and weight) of a twice-baked potato :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1900 quarts per day! What kind of units are these for sizing a pump. Give me something I know how to work with. Let's see, that would convert to about 0.33 gpm; I sould be able to do that with a smallish metering pump.

Abby said...

haha, oh... I have no idea what to say to that :P