Friday, February 22, 2008

Nowhere to go?

There is a Suave commercial on right now that tracks a woman through engagement, marriage, and then three kids by showing subsequent 1 second shots. I tried to find it online but no such luck, so if you haven't seen it then try to imagine with me :) Their punchline at the end of this is.... "85% of mothers admit they have let themselves go......100% can get themselves back." (the 85% shot is the mom in sweatpants and in really bad shape, the 100% she has gorgeous hair and a cute black dress on)

Anyhoo, point being.... I've been trying to figure out what letting myself go would entail. I mean, I already wear pretty much no makeup, I only do my hair once a week and the rest of the week it's up, I'm not necessarily sloppy, but I am fairly casually dressed by nature. I don't own mommy sweatpants and I figure if I don't buy them then I can't go down that road. So the question is.... how do I get worse? Of course, this must be what most mothers think 6 years before they end up on What not to Wear with Stacey and Clinton saying, "You still wear maternity pants??" or "Do you ever take any time for yourself?".

Side note- I used to think it was ridiculous when people wore their maternity pants after pregnancy.... now I totally get it. They are so comfy!!

Side side note- Blogger spell checker is working again!!! Ahhhhh, security blanket :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Klink said...

i had no idea blogger spell-check was even in existence