Friday, February 01, 2008

Good Morning Sun :)

I got in my car today at 6:50 as I always do. As has been typical since Christmas, I shivered like mad as I accelerated down the service road picking up speed in an attempt to warm my engine faster. As I reach the turn for Woodway, my engine gets warm enough for me to turn on the heater. By the time I reach Sage, the shivering has stopped and I can feel myself wiggle my toes. This is when something strange happenned.......

I had been so focused on getting warm to minimize the shaking so that no vital body parts would fly off during the quakes, that I didn't notice. But as soon as I was warm there it was. Not the sun, nope too early for that. But the sky had light in it. I could actually see the turn in for my building instead of shooting for it blindly as I normally do. It was beautiful! There was yellow and pink in the sky and the promise that our long lost friend, the sun, would be paying a visit today. It's been dark and cold for too long....let's get this spring business going :) Anyway, I had a happy morning and I hope you did too....... and just think, it's Friday!

No comments: