Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby Blue

Hey all you faithful blog readers, I have a quick announcement~



We found out yesterday that we are in fact having a boy!!! Micah is developing right on track and the doctor said he is exactly average in size. The ultrasound confirmed that he does in fact have 10 fingers and 10 toes, we got to see his spine, a close up of his ear, and pretty much everything. At the beginning of the ultrasound he was just waking up and we saw him with his thumb in his mouth and then yawning several times. Well, by the end he was doing kicks that flung his little leg all the way over his head. Which leads me to a funny little overshare~

Soooo, for all of you unfamiliar, you have to load up on water before an ultrasound in order to make the picture clearer. This was easy enough at 8 weeks, but as I found out yesterday, was quite a different story at 19 weeks. I loaded up on water the hour beforehand just like they said. When we get to the appointment I need to use the facilities, but not too bad and I'm not allowed, so I sit and wait. Well, they had some unscheduled ultrasounds in line before me, so my 2:40 ultrasound became a 3:15 ultrasound. Let me tell you, it only takes 35 minutes to make a situation go desperate. Well, actually about 20 minutes was when it got bad, 35 was freakin ridiculous.

So I get in there and tell the technician as kindly as possible to hurry or I'm not responsible for what happens. Well, it turns out that the second ultrasound is about 5 times longer than the first. Anyhoo, back to Micah. Our little bundle of joy woke up a few minutes into the procedure and the technician noticed something funny. "Well, no wonder you need to pee!!" She said as she showed us the screen. Micah took the opportunity for the last 5 minutes of the show to repeatedly kick me in the bladder with an unexpected amount of gusto for someone so small. Anyway, just a little window into things to come :P

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have the baby boys first while you're young enough to keep up with 'em!

Liz said...

Yay, baby Micah! How exciting! Congrats, Abby! Although I must admit I am a little disappointed that there won't be a little Elizabeth now... I was looking forward to bragging to the whole church that you named her after me. :P

Tabaitha said...

Yay! Congratulations and I love the name, Micah! Little boys are so much fun!

Me said...

Congratulations! I'm sort of hoping that when we get ready to have a baby, the first one will be a boy!

Abby said...

Mom- :)
Liz- No worries... We like Elizabeth enough that it is likely to still be our choice if/when we have a girl :)
Tab- I'm excited, plus the room was already blue, so this works!
Carissa- Yeah, I had older brothers and I always wanted my first to be a boy. Hopefully we get a girl at some point too :)

Erin said...

fun, fun! we're hoping for a boy someday...but in my family of all girls, i'm a little skeptical. congrats and cute name!

Emily K said...

congrats and- like everyone else before me- i, too, love the name you've selected :)

Jen said...

Congrats! That's so fun! And I must say, I'm good at baby gender guessing :)

Abby said...

Thanks everybody! You guys are all so sweet :)

Anonymous said...

So the balance of power for the grandchildren in the family tips for a moment to the boys... Somehow I think Elena will find a way to cope.

Abby said...

I dunno... she's a pretty passive kid :P