Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yo mama's cleaning company

Sooooooo, here's the deal. The cleaning crew here at my new company takes quite a bit upon themselves. I can't complain about their work..... my trash can is always empty and they clean absolutely any surface that isn't too covered by paper to get to. Even then, I think they clean the edge around the paper. Unfortunately, they feel the need to tidy up for all of us slovenly engineers.

Some people might say this is a good thing, but I am getting tired of them throwing away things that I was saving for a specific purpose. I had a bottle of water on my desk, not empty or anything, and they threw it away. If you ever wrap anything in a tissue it gets thrown away. If they see something they don't like for some reason, it gets thrown away. Leaving food on your desk is a big no no because it tends to disappear. While not annoying, I have to admit that I was a little freaked out this morning to discover that someone on the cleaning crew had moved my chair in order to rearrange the pictures on my desk.... no lie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that you should have to, but I've found it helpful to leave notes on things that need to remain as is. I'll leave a note (in English and Spanish), just so all my bases are covered. Might help with the creepies you feel with having your "personal space" violated.