Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dear City of Houston,

As much as I appreciate the fact that people that drive on Memorial must get to work in the mornings, I would like you to consider granting a light cycle for people who would like to cross Memorial on the 610 service road. Imagine what it would be like if these people too were granted a green light to make it through this intersection. Imagine the joy and fulfillment that this would bring to so many lives. Lives that have been forced into the lawlessness of crossing the intersection despite the clearly red light. People driven to madness by the 5-10 minutes they waited for the light to turn before taking the law into their own hands.

This is your chance. Your chance to assist criminals in restoring their good names and to release them from the temptation for future transgressions. Do the right thing Houston... your citizens need you. Oh, and could you make the light cycle on Silber and I-10 allow more than 3 cars from Silber Northbound per cycle in the evenings? It is mucho annoying.

Sincerely,
Abigail Ezell, E.I.T. , Graduate Engineer, knows where you sleep...or work at least

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um YES. My crankiness level has reached its max this morning due to the fact that I sat through 3 cycles of skipped lights @ memorial.I had to come read your blog just to calm me down. Nice to know you were in misery too this morning ;)

Abby said...

Who knows if it will do any good, but I have reported the malfunction to the City's help line which has worked in the past. Fingers crossed :P

Liz said...

Yeah, I have to admit I really hate how long it takes me to walk from my bed all the way to my desk every morning. :P