Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bye Bye Bling Bling

It is now official.... it was the Aggie ring first, followed by my wedding band and now the last of the hold outs (my engagement ring) has stopped fitting. I can still get them on, but they are uncomfortably tight and you can see the finger puff up around them as the day goes on. Now, due to the fact that I look impressively teenage and get enough dirty looks even when I had my rings on (yes, people have given me the disgusted, you're too young to be pregnant, looks for months now) I am using a makeshift wedding band. It's simple, silver, and a size six... I bought the biggest I could that had just a tiny bit of resistance over my knuckle so that it wouldn't fly off constantly. Being a 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 sized girl before, it was nice to be buying a grown-up person sized ring :)

All in all I figured this was a better way to show that I was married than the other option I considered. Option 2 involved making the shirt I've been threatening to make the entire pregnancy: On the front it would say, "I'm 25 and I was married when this happened" (with an arrow pointing at the belly. On the back it would say "And I was a virgin when I got married". Just to clear up any other misconceptions. While fun to think about, this informative shirt, I'm afraid, may have been a bit uncomfortable to wear around :P


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the shirt would have been fabulous. Just think about how much FUN it will be to get the disgusted looks when everyone is jealous of you later on when you look young and the rest of us start to look old. :)

Jen Lewis said...

HAHA! I am glad the shirt idea FINALLY made your blog. I mean we only talked about it four months ago. ;) Hehe! I think the ring is probably a safer idea but I am all for the shirt.