Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh, Rats!


No seriously.... rats. Well, to be really specific... rat. I had an experience this morning that I really could have lived my whole life without and not have felt like I missed anything.
.
Nate and I were leaving for work this morning (we carpool... it's green, it saves us green... everybody wins :) and I flipped on the porch light as we were about to leave. Some movement caught my eye and I froze halfway out the door into our screened-in porch. No way.... did I just see that?? After a quick double take, I confirmed my suspicion and quickly backed over Nate in my haste to close the door between us and IT.
.
Sure enough, somehow a RAT had found it's way onto our lovely porch.... a rat, OUR PORCH.... EWWWWWW!!! When I flipped on the light, he frantically threw himself against one of the screens in an attempt to escape. He then disappeared into some dark portion of the porch to await his next jailbreak opportunity. For those of you who are curious, Nate also saw the rat and we are near 100% sure that was what it was. We used the other back door for our exit cause there was no way in God's green earth I was setting foot on a darkish patio wearing flip flops and knowing that a half crazed vermin was somewhere in there desperate to escape. RIGHT, I'm gonna be the one who opens that door... I think not.
.
Nate and I back up to an empty, semi woodsy lot which we suspect was the source of said rodent. We have already begun to formulate our plan of attack which includes some sort of border control in the long run (rat poison by the fence anyone?) and Nate with a broom in the short term... assuming of course that our little rodent friend does not find a means of escape before then. In the car ride, I kept getting the shivers every 2 minutes just thinking about it. I mean, are you kidding me? I am trying desperately not to jinx myself, but I just kept saying "As long as he doesn't get into the house..." and repeating it like a mantra. Anyways, that was my morning... ***shivers***


post signature

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yeah, I definitely would have freaked too. Good luck getting it outta there!