Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Out!! (Almost :)

Today is my LAST DAY at work!! It got moved up due to Micah being a fast developer and me not wanting to go into labor at work :P Odds are that I still won't have him before my old end date, but I have been anxious all week knowing that I was so far away from the hospital should anything actually happen. I am excited to start a new phase of life and, in terms of the immediate impact, to feel more comfortable about my ability to get to Memorial Hermann Katy when I need to....... I hate to shock anybody, but my faith in the ability of I-10 to get me home quickly at any given time of day is, shall we say, lacking :P

post signature

7 comments:

Liz said...

Yay, congrats!! :)

Amy said...

Wowee! That news really surprised me, but It definitely sounds like a good move. See you, Nate, AND Micah soon!

Anonymous said...

It's one of those things I know is coming, but don't really believe will ever arrive. Enjoy your last day at work (I still can't imagine mine).

Laurie said...

Woo hoo! By the way, my mom is a nurse at Memorial Hermann Katy, in the post-partum/ L&D unit! Her name is Susan Johnson and there's a pretty good chance she'll be taking care of you after you deliver. She's awesome and all her patients love her. I'll try to tell her to keep an eye out for you.

Jana said...

What a GREAT feeling!! Enjoy your time off. I can't wait to see Micah soon!

Jen Lewis said...

CONGRATULATIONS ABBY!!! Such an achievement!

Jen Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.