Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Growth Chart

The picture is me at 33 weeks and as the caption to it on Facebook says... Whoa baby!! I am now 34 weeks along and wondering exactly what I am going to be able to wear come 36 or 37 weeks. As my OB said when she felt my stomach on Friday, "He is taking up every single bit of space that you have in there!".

I haven't heard back yet on the cause of the rash (they said the bloodwork could easily take until the end of this week) but after yesterday I am feeling a little more at ease with it. On Monday when I went in to have it looked at, Micah had been having a quiet day which can begin to make a first time mom nervous, especially when other things appear to off as well. I asked God to increase his movement and all yesterday he didn't stop squirming! He was flipping, kicking, stretching, and generally having a good ol' time! It doesn't matter how uncomfortable it ends up making you.... when you feel your baby move like that, you smile and, in my case yesterday, you exhale :)
.
.
How big is your baby?

Most likely your baby is somewhere between 15.5 to 17.5 inches long and weighs around 5 to 5.5 pounds.
.
.
What is happening with your baby?

During the last several weeks, we have discussed that your baby's body has begun to fill out with the formation of fat under his skin. This is an important part of development because these fat stores will help him to regulate his body temperature once he is born.

The central nervous system is continuing to mature, and the lungs are well developed. While most healthcare providers would ideally like you to carry up to 38 to 40 weeks, your baby has a good chance at surviving outside of your uterus at this time.


post signature

1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

I have not seen you in a few weeks... But Whoa is right. You will have to find a mu-mu come week 36! I am glad he is moving around though and that you are comforted. I can't wait to meet him!