Friday, June 20, 2008

Climbing That Corporate Ladder

My boss called me into his office yesterday and closed the door behind me (I hate when they do that.... I get so nervous and feel as though I've done something wrong). He said, "Now I feel silly doing this with how the timing worked out....." at this point he pulls out a letter and says "......but corporate saw fit to give you a raise. Effective this Monday." He smiled a sort of "can you believe it?" smile and I have to say I was dumbfounded. Let me break it down for you... it basically means that I will be getting paid at a higher rate for the last three weeks before I'm gone for good... oh, the timing!

We both had a good laugh and agreed that we supposed it was better than missing the raise, even if I only reap the benefits for 3 weeks. He also told me that it was a sign that they were happy with my performance and if at any time after Micah is born I wish to return, that he would make a spot for me no matter what. That's always reassuring to hear :) Nate got a good laugh out of the whole thing and I thought it was pretty funny that they got my letter of resignation 3 weeks before giving me a raise... further proof that with large corporations, the right hand almost never knows what the left is doing :P


post signature

2 comments:

Liz said...

Haha, nice! At least you're going out with a bang!

Anonymous said...

It seems you have several contacts in your work world who would be happy to give you work if you want it. It might not be relevant to your life moving forward, but it's reassuring at any rate.