Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Growth Chart

Ok... the pic is me at 32 weeks and now I am 33 weeks along.... yikes! Birthing classes are going well and yesterday we learned about different positions to labor in.... after describing each one and having us practice them, she kept saying "Of course, this will hurt a lot more when you are in labor." I do like that she doesn't feed any sort of delusions that labor isn't painful or that her method will keep you from feeling pain. Rather she teaches pain management techniques along with the fundamental truths that God with be our strength and peace. Here's something crazy... I'm not wanting to go into labor right now or anything, but I do feel a peace about it overall. I'm not anxious or fearful. I do get scared in small spurts as I find out more and more about the process, but God has been faithful to calm these fears. I am by no means ready, but I trust that God will prepare me for the time of labor that he has set aside for myself and Micah. Growth chart :) -
How big is your baby?
Your baby is approximately 15.25 to 17.25 inches long and weighs between 4.5 to 5 pounds.

What is happening with your baby?

Your baby's skin is beginning to look less red and less wrinkled. Fat stores are continuing to be deposited under his skin. His bones are all beginning to harden except for the skull. The skull needs to remain soft and pliable for delivery.

No comments: