Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bad Choices?

I got to work today and stood waiting for an elevator after the guy who walked in in front of me shut the door to the last one before I could make it in... sweet guy. Anyways, it takes awhile but finally they draw straws and the losing lift comes down to get me (as to why 2 elevators are ALWAYS on the top floor, I have no idea). I look around and see which one has come for me and... oh crud.

For the past week and a half, one of the elevators has been stuck on my floor about 6 inches above level with the doors open and the lights off. We're talking a solid 10 days of being broken. Well, apparently it's working now and Tada!! I get to take it. I said a little prayer and hopped in, hoping for the best. Obviously I made it.... slowly, but none-the-less I'm here. I would have gotten another elevator, but I have had bad experiences in almost all of them now including one that dropped an entire floor free fall style and then got stuck forcing me to use the emergency phone. Anyhoo, maybe I'll start taking the stairs, you know... for my health, and safety :P

4 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

ok, not a great post for me. I am already a little scared of elevators and that didn't help! :P

In other news, I get to see you tonight!!!! WooHoo.

Have a great day Abby!

Abby said...

Sorry to feed the fear :P I'm looking forward to hanging out!

Anonymous said...

What floor are you on? Curious about what taking the stairs entails.

Abby said...

6th :)