Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rain, Rain... GO AWAY!!

Seriously, I'm beginning to feel a tad bit like a drowned rat with the amount of precipitation that has come from the sky over the past couple of weeks. I know I should take the mom approach and be grateful since there are children starving (or in drought, I suppose) in Africa or wherever, but last night the storms crossed the line in my opinion. "What did they do?" you ask, weeeeellllll, let me tell you. They came rolling in at 4 am like they owned the place and proceeded to wake me up. I don't always wake up for storms, but they knew that and took a different approach. What woke me up was when a particularly close and intense roll of thunder set off a car alarm outside our window. I'm pretty sure that everyone within 3 buildings on either side of the thing woke up.

Now, the owner must have woken up because the alarm went off for a couple of minutes and then was shut off. I began to drift back to sleep, but was the storm satisfied with the interruption it made in my slumber? Noooooooooo, not hardly. It sent another incredibly close and intense roll of thunder that, you guessed it, set of the car alarm again. This time I took solace in the fact that I knew the owner was awake and that the alarm would be shut off in less than 30 minutes time.

Well, I woke up unhappy with the weather and vowing payback (the specifics of revenge upon the weather are still blurry... it is an admirable foe) but I decided to be positive about it. I came up with one good thing.... At least I didn't have to drive to work in it :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in when you think of something. I got up to run at 4:15 this morning and thought I noticed a flicker outside. I decided it was my imagination, so I fetched my clothes and headed into the den to start stretching. That's when I heard some serious thunder. I don't run in lightening when I can avoid it, so I went back to bed. Didn't the weather folks say this stuff would be gone by now?

Abby said...

And I quote, "Since when can weathermen predict the weather?"

Jen said...

Wow, getting up at 4:15 to run is some serious dedication.

Never fear Abby, I was woken up with you. Although my roommate somehow managed to sleep through the whole thing.

Ulovebeth said...

I was awake, too. I heard a car alarm, too. And I live across town. Don't think it was the same one.

We should've all called each other. I was scared.

Laurie said...

Wow. It rained last night?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to commiserate: http://houstonitsworthit.com/default.asp?id=114