Monday, June 04, 2007

A pick me up

This is what happened from my perspective~

Phone rings (Switchfoot- Dare You to Move... don't cha know) and I see that it is my sister in law
Me- "Hello?"
Other Person- responds with incoherent babbling
Me- "Ahhh, Hi Elena Joy!"
Elena- "HI!!" followed by more incoherent babbling
Me- "How are you doing, sweetheart?"
Elena- excited incoherent babbling followed by, "No!, no no no..."
Me- "No?"
Phone disconnects

I call my sister in law back at this point and got this version~

Me- "Hey Amy, I just had a very interesting conversation with Elena"
Amy- "Yeah, we're trying to figure out how she got my phone.... my purse wasn't anywhere near where she could have grabbed it. We figured out that she had it when she kept telling the dog "no" over and over again. Apparently the dog wanted to eat the phone and Elena wasn't ok with that."

16 month olds calling your relatives, dogs eating your phones... ah, to have a family :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

How adorable! I can't wait to have kids! Although I should probably do the marriage thing first. :P

Abby said...

hmmmm, probably :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!npwjfge

Anonymous said...

I didn't intend to publish the word verification:)