Tuesday, June 19, 2007

EWWWW!

So yesterday I walk out to the bank of elevators and I casually press the down button and look around and notice..... A roach. A biggin. Chilling out in front of one of the elevators. Hmmm, ok well what are the odds that his elevator will be the one... DING! Oh crud. I look from the light above the elevator that tells me that it's all mine down to the roach with a horrified expression which worsens with what I see.

Apparently the ding awakened something inside said roach and it sprang to life. Not only that, it look a full blown charge at me with the result being that I had no way to get around it to the elevator. With the little bit of nastiness sprinting towards me, I look up desperately and see someone coming out of the elevator. "There's a roach" I say surprisingly calmly. She looks at me strangely and continues to exit and proceeds to walk all around but not actually on the roach. I tell her "It's on your foot!" NOW she gets it and runs off. Luckily this has distracted to roach enough for me to reach the elevator in safety.

When I got to work today and the elevator obligingly let me off on my floor, I looked around everywhere before I stepped out and continued to search my surroundings as I walked. I performed a thorough search of my desk and have declared it to be roach free.... at least it was when I searched it. Anyways, just another day of freaking myself out by thinking I feel something crawling on me... yuck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care much for roaches crawling on the tops of my shoes, but roaches on the soles of my shoes.....not so much of a problem.

Jen said...

Roaches= worse than birds

And my first 3 letters in the word veri were Ags! WHOOP!

Laurie said...

I cried for you when I read this. I would have had to take the stairs.

Abby said...

Well, the roach just about ran me into the stairwell in which case I might have had to take the stairs just to escape him :P Ummm, yeah... I don't want them anywhere on OR under my shoes, that's what I have Nate for :)