Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pro Shuffle

I have the tendency with music to put one cd in my car and let it go on and on and on for 1-2 months before I change it out for something new. This is a fantastic way to get fantastically bored of something and never want to listen to it again.... well for a year or so at least. Not surprisingly, I have abused my ipod in the same way, making playlists that I focus exclusively on til track number 3 (that I used to love) makes me yawn, and track number 7 (that I used to love love) makes me want to toss my cookies. Well, I say no more!! The abuse stops here (well, the ipod abuse at least... not sure if the car thing is changeable, it's genetic... passed on from my mother :)

Lately I have been putting my ipod on shuffle and what a difference it makes!! Sure, I have to skip a few songs here and there (like the ones on that playlist that I used to love :P ) but for the most part I just sit back and get to experience a broad range of music including a lot of songs I either forgot I had or had just neglected to listen to for years. I am being re-emerged into the world of a christian SKA obsession I had circa 1997, for one and that has been fun :) My ipod has gently reintroduced Jars of Clay to my line up alongside old school Goo Goo Dolls. Praise and worship albums from college have been mixed with classical pieces by the great John Williams and classical guitar by Andy McKee. Jack Johnson's voice has soothed me after Linkin Park has woken me up. I am a BIG fan of shuffle. Plus, on stressful work days it makes one less thing I have to worry about... and that, my friends, is priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, you get your resistance to changing cd's from your mom. Ben and I start going crazy on long drives when the same stuff starts cycling back around.